Afraid of open surgery and the complications that may occur due to it?
Gynaecology Laparoscopy at Pahlajanis’ IVF Centre, Raipur is here to the rescue. A minimally invasive surgery that is widely used as an alternative to open surgery because laparoscopy is done through a keyhole incision that does not cause any large opening, and through that small incision a small thin tube with a light and a camera on it, known as a "laparoscope", is inserted to diagnose inside the abdomen and womb (uterus), ovaries.
We at Pahlajanis’ IVF Centre, Raipur are dedicated to giving you the best and safest examination through our gynaecology laparoscopy procedure.
What’s the motive behind doing gynaecology laparoscopy and why is it preferred over open surgery?
At Pahlajanis’ IVF Centre & Women’s Hospital, gynaecology laparoscopy is generally preferred over open surgery due to its shorter healing time and the fact that it leaves a very small scar post-surgery (in some cases, the scar is so small that it won’t be visible).
There are numerous reasons why doctors choose gynaecology laparoscopy, such as: to diagnose and treat conditions like uterine fibroids, endometriosis, ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts or tumors; pelvic issues (such as pain, infections, abscess, adhesion or pus); painful scar tissue; unexplained infertility; pelvic inflammatory disease; and reproductive cancers.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT GYNAECOLOGY LAPAROSCOPY:
- Your hospital will let you know all about gynaecology laparoscopy, which includes when to stop eating and drinking. They’ll do some necessary tests and so on.
- In general, gynaecology laparoscopy is usually done as a day-care procedure, which means you’ll be able to go home the same day, but in some cases of treating some conditions, you have to stay overnight, which your doctor will tell you before the procedure.
- Gynaecology laparoscopy is generally done under general anaesthesia, so you’ll be asleep throughout the whole process and won’t feel a thing.
THE ADVANTAGES OF GYNAECOLOGY LAPAROSCOPY
- Minimally invasive surgery
- A very small incision is made for the procedure.
- Shorter healing time
- Leaves a very small scar or maybe no scar at all.
- Easy and effective results for the patients.
At Pahlajanis’ IVF Centre, transparency and your health are our top priorities. That’s why you’ll be told all the details, major or small, regarding this procedure, including what to expect before the procedure and after the procedure. It is advised at Pahlajanis’ IVF Centre that if you have any doubt, no matter how small and insignificant you feel it is, please feel free to ask our nurses and doctors.
For more information about Gynaecology Laparoscopy, or for further assistance and guidance, please visit www.pahlajanis.com and visit Pahlajanis’ IVF Centre, Raipur.